I Call Him, Mercy



Drenched in Sin

You abound in love

Despairing in condemnation

You blare in compassion

From your likeness and image

You carved and positioned me

And still sought after me 

Even after my ancestral deviation 

You stepped in my abyss

with the rod of your wrath

And slew all my demons and chains

That kept me shackled to my ominous reins

I am broken by your relentless love

Choosing mercy over justice

Though the accuser of the brethren

keeps lamenting over my every fault 

Before the face of the Most High

The provision of Your Blood suffices

They preach hell to us all the time

As the conditions of salvation

gradually inducing us into tremors of fear

that intimidates men to go to "heaven" 

even to reciprocate a divine love

Such manipulation that tends to futile faith

and the tainting of the "holiness" of God


Yod Hay Waw Hay

I remember your tender mercies

For they are from of old

I am an emissary of your mercies

As the lawyer of my soul

You grant me justice from my vindication

The Great Monarch

A remarkable Artist

Laying out my life in magical ways

that I couldn't have possibly imagined

 You comfort my soul

You gave me eternal life

In my vulnerability

When I did not know you

You loved me and led my way into peace

From all the pain and shame

I laid in my wake as I carelessly lived

You gave me a name

You gave us a reason to live

Without faith no one can please the Lord, 

they say

without mercy, where will the opportunity

to even exercise faith be

In your mercy we see true love

You draw the neglected near

The distressed you comfort

The poor you feed

The rich you guide

Some may call you, El Roi

El Olam 

El shaddai

But in mercy I found you

I call You El Racham

My God of Mercy


Shekinah©


I Call Him, Mercy I Call Him, Mercy Reviewed by El Roi on September 14, 2023 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.