Crumbs from the Past

I am deeply troubled
by the state of my heart
Did I receive a ladder instead of a cross
or my conscience didn't receive the memo
I thought after my surrender at Calvary
I'll stop hearing these accusing voices
or was that not part of the contract?
What exactly was my vindication?

Now that I think of it
I was too excited to read the terms
at the time I heard of your finished works
They only pitched to me the happy part
Now I'm clueless what to do with these voices

They keep telling me
I don't deserve to have integrity
and to live a life coated with dignity
they claim I don't have a say in Truth
after all the sins and mistakes I made
my morality is arrested 
for crimes of my imperfection 
and allegations of mutual passions of the flesh

 
Crumbs from the Past Crumbs from the Past Reviewed by El Roi on June 29, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.