Ponder








In the late nights of the dark

I found myself in thoughts that are stark

Shuffling in my mind were questions

Inquisitive towards planes of explorations

Ponder!, was what I heard.



Residing in a world of many aberrations

Hoping for a time of redefinition

Some call it reconciliation

That our redemption might be complete

Not stuck to pathways that are obsolete



What is life?

Why all this strife?

Where lies our meaning?

From where sets our beginning?

To where do we go from here?

To what moral laws do we adhere?


Many as grains did I ponder on

When still unanswered enravishes us with fear

With events that we see and hear

Then a loud cry rises to spear

Into the ears of our creator beyond the heavens.



Did He hear us at all?

Or were we made to suffer?

I wailed in the pool of my tears

In despair, were the flattery of my groans

Is this the end?

Is this how things were made to be?

Rhetorically I blathered them out.






At the final submission of myself to my pain,

Ignorance retained its consciousness

And knowledge visited me as The Voice.

With great gifts of enlightenment,

Passivity did not cross His meticulousness.

To Ponder!, was what He wished me to do with the gifts.


Ponder                     Ponder Reviewed by El Roi on September 08, 2019 Rating: 5

7 comments:

Powered by Blogger.