CHARISMANIA

I was awoken by the ghost of the 20th century, 

It was a cold Tuesday in late February, 

He said to me, I want to show you how far the church has come

The degree of damages that had been done.

Before I had time to react

He came close and sat 

He tapped me gently on my shoulders.

The past began to open like folders

Praise God halleluiah, the sound of praise was coming as a melody as I listened.


The voice of so many familiar I knew, in attires that glistened

I saw them Kathryn Khulman, Maria Woodsworth Etter, 

Women who taught the spirit and not the letter.

Smith Wigglesworth, Alexander Dowie, A. A. Allen and John G. Lake.

These were men of notable signs and wonders, they were not fake.



I was asked a question by the Ghost of the 20th century,

He said to me did I stir your memory?

Can you see the difference between them and yourself?

I said to him “sir Ghost, I don’t mean to boast but we have more miracles they did”.

If that be all you see, then you are truly ignorant, kid. 

Their lives were a drink offering 

But you have aided people's suffering 

In the name of God, you take and take 

Whiles you forsake the God 

and the people you were called to partake.

Calling superstition spirituality, you finally packaged, the new hype 

Charismania the extreme Christian type.

Fighting all warfare even when Christ has brought the peace pipe.

Throwing away the ruler, the church has become a subset of what it must become 

Protracting the hype, dividing the money, claiming to have power when you will not go for evangelism in Sudan..

Charismania, Charismania selling more tickets to heaven than WrestleMania

All church is concerned is packing the stadia and being hyped by the media

More concerned about power when you only cower in the face of tribulations



When Love is the manna from above, the light to overcome every situation

Charismania, when exaggeration and superstition is believed to be truth 

All because church folks want something that will sooth

their ears whiles repressing their fears and sowing their sweat and tears 

It has become easy for the fetish and the false to infiltrate

We pay to see signs and wonders whiles neglecting our righteous breastplate

The magic words are can I prophesy, I have a deep revelation 

I weep for you, if you knew the angle of deviation

You will run back to your station.

Instead of outward branding, you should tell Brandon to know that the only branding that must be is the brand of the mark of Christ.

The house of God meant to offer the heart as a sacrifice.

I was shocked when I heard these words:  what must we do good sir 

Bring back the Ruler he said and all will be fair 

Return to the scriptures of truth, be humble like Ruth 

Return to the apostolic path and renew your youth 

Don’t sell the hype, sell Christ, the church is not for money heist

Buy truth and sell it not, no more holy water, holy eggs and holy yams priced 

His mercy endures forever, you will do well to endeavor in his grace 

Or you may never see His Face!

Eldean©

CHARISMANIA CHARISMANIA Reviewed by El Roi on May 18, 2021 Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. This calls for the church arise and take hold what God has deposited in us and live according to His standards

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.