A Wearied Soul's Impasse

 Some may call me a loser and a coward

Perhaps I wasn't gifted to keep moving forward

But I can say at least I tried my best enough

Maybe this time if I close my eyes it will open to see the north

And when I meet my architect with my disappointments

I will ask him to kindly cure me of my impertinent existence.


Failure has been the predominant stain in my garment

What I want to do I do not do but what I don't want to do that I do

A classic tale told in a few words by the great Apostle Paul.

I see no other path for me in this unforgiving world

Hopefully, in the next plain of being, I might receive a warm reception

I yearn to escape this world, not because of the lack of money

but my heart beats painfully for meaning and self-sufficiency

My dearest flower will understand though she withers

She'll blossom again in twelve full moons like I never existed


Such painful and unfair realities are embedded in this world because of man's desires

I was born into a world I had no choice to be in

but then I asked myself again after breathing

what if I chose to be here and just couldn't retain that memory?

At least I was given some control as my free will to choose.

Everything seems to be so distorted and disorderly

Are we totally beasts but display our savagery differently?

Religion appears to be what tames it into chivalry  

even so men still desire to unshackle themselves from it

with chivalrous savagery now.


I tire from this much heat

and I want to retreat

when I go I'll entreat

on man's behalf 

to help us all find our way 

back to Him once again.

Perhaps on the eve of my exit, 

He'll reassure me once more in my pain

So I can continue living meaningfully.







A Wearied Soul's Impasse A Wearied Soul's Impasse Reviewed by El Roi on January 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.