HourGlass

 In the first watch of the day

I shall awake to make hay

to fellowship in the sweet embrace of my Creator

and to sternly set my eyes upon His flamboyant face

hoping that by gazing as in a glass

I'll be changed from glory to glory,

silently letting others know of the faithful lover

that I have found.


I will present myself at the second watch

to nail to the cross my obnoxious flesh

making way for my groaning spirit to speak

I'll raise a cry to every volume of my voice's peak

so my lover will hear me from my altar of prayer

that my fire may not be suffocated to the coldness of a freezer

I will add more crowns to my collection

even the crown of  righteousness and holiness

and receive an anointing bearing influences of  attraction


I will arise again at the third watch

to attend to the flock in my custody

and vanquish amongst them the camouflaging wolves instantly

with the sceptre of my King and decrees from His lips

learning fairly His judgment and statutes

so I may put in order the state of my home.

Safeguarding my calling, I will teach and guide

to the threshold of my grace and assignments

just as the Comforter leads me to 


I will retire in awe at the fourth watch

to tell my Lord all that transpired

with my offerings of gratitude and testimony

resting in His arms with every single thing I have acquired

even though I lost something I bore no acrimony

because He'll restore what I'll need and leave out distractions

I'll watch with praise and strength to guard all that concerns me. 





HourGlass HourGlass Reviewed by El Roi on July 21, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.