Eyes of Honor



Many stood in support of what is right

But very few were willing to guard it

We all want something from this world

If possible, beyond the margins of this domain

When the time came for us to defend what is right

I found only my head rolling like a dice

Tumbling down into the courts of crows and mice

 

Like Job, I struck an unsettling bargain

To not look at roses twice without their thorn

So if I'd ever feel pain from such an ambient flower

It will be because I chose to take it home

And if not, I will walk away in peace

Without holding on to the pain and treatise


Let my bonds with darkness be severed

And a new one be formed in Light

I’m not oblivious to the former gloomy acquaintance

I am always tempted as we all are

The thrill, drunkenness and drive of being high and mighty,

coupled with the aftermath of stooping so low and faulty

made it a balanced trip until it tiptoed to the precipice

But never satisfied with the bottomless meaninglessness

Let my bonds with darkness be severed

And a new one be formed with Light


I am open to the limitless possibilities of love

So I can soar gently like a dove

Into the hearts of every man

announcing that we can finally go home

From the damned cycle of treachery and malice

Scripted out to us by the ominous forces of this world

CHRIST, the Way, Truth and Life

By which every one of us can obtain divine union

 

Help me Love my neighbor to death

An exit that even divinity cannot forget

Whether I surmount to energy particles or heaven

A price I would gladly pay a million times

Because Christ died for me eternally

Why do we question such devotion to men?

Why is a wife ridiculed to folly for such depth of devotion

to her husband?

Is it too abstract to understand the same requirement

for our neighbor?

A love so rare but can be cheerfully and freely given.

 

If it would please the sovereign King

Grant me your heart so I will see others same as You

I know that is what it means to see things Your Way

Give me Your Heart

And if die with it in my chest

My body will dissipate and leave behind

Your Golden Heart in the care of others of like-mind.




Eyes of Honor Eyes of Honor Reviewed by El Roi on September 09, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.