Isra El

 Shekinah



If it's not in your presence

If it's not with your help

If it's not by your Spirit

Don’t let me have it

Because everything I want is in You

Trapped with nowhere else to turn to

Life is changing beyond my control

I guess it has never been under my control

causing this deep ache in the bottom of my soul

I have been allotted months of futility

and wearisome nights have been appointed to me.


When I lie down, I say when

 shall I arise and nights be ended

Babylon widely opens its gates 

With offers of temporary happiness,

wealth, money, job and success

posted to me every time I tripped into the dark place

for a short moment I wanted to accept it so badly

and never minded what the consequences would be

not even the lose of my magnificent sunbeam

after all what suffering have I not endured

and tears have I not shed my eyes to sore


While Zion awaits to birth forth her glorious son

I'm caught in between the silence of God

 and the noise of Babylon

I lament in wait

The waters have reached my neck

Suffocating in pain and helplessness

I gasp for breath, even the breath of life


I will plead to speak of my cause

until I find joy in my soul.

Therefore, I will not restrain my lips

I will speak in the anxiety of my spirit

I will lay out in the bitterness of my soul

Tears that are not visible to the naked eye

Silent screams that no one can hear

Self-loathing for cowardly failing to turn things around

Keeping me anchored to this unyielding world

unable to untie the chains and change my bleak end.


But God of my life

Arise and align my tears to bring me joy

 Touch my life to bring you glory and honor

At least that's worth living for

Sail me away from this madness

and lay me to rest evenly with Your Peace.


Isra El Isra El Reviewed by El Roi on October 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.