Letter to My Beloved



Dear love,
I long to see you with all that I have
But yet I don't even know how to drive
Maybe I will send this message through a dove 
I hope with that you will understand my letter before I arrive.
I want to share with you what my eyes have seen
And my prayer is that you get what it is suppose to mean. 
I received a message from my friend and another friend. 
About all that is the latest relationship trend.
Brokenhearted they were, with no contriteness or spiritual implication. 
It was your specie that placed them in that situation.

I asked myself, does it have to be that way? 
Each one of us set in anguish on who to pay. 
Then I heard of another love hub
I was excited to meet them because they never go to the pub. 
Two God fearing couples, Sheila and Jean
Their tablet of battle and victory was all so clean.
"Are you ready for the turbulence that lies ahead?"
"We will eat them up together like bread!"
They happily said with love's bell. 
Last time I heard, 
they were eating arguments and pain at the brink of a break up.
Looks like Romeo and Juliet taught them well. 
 
Beulah and Gregg seemed more promising
Because Gregg was more matured and God fearing. 
He claimed the call of God was upon his life
along with dreams of making her his wife
But Beulah's heart desired something more secular. 
Just to say hi to Jesus every morning and not live with Him in His house.
"You two look great together!! ", others said
"I will be restricted" was now her alibi to bail out. 
"Things fall apart" played as their love story's sequel.

I was greatly disturbed at the hearing of such a romantic tragicomedy. 
May be that was the only remedy
But my heart was fogged with heaviness.
Some say it was notes of advice from her friends
Others claimed that it was a book on self love 
her counselor read to her mind without knowing her desires. 

I sought to balance the knots 
with Archibald and Achila's bond 
and finally see where lies the faults
Achila was quite modest  and matured in her mind
Archibald on the other hand was not so much refined
But she loved him anyway and chose to stay
Never seeing the value of a love so persistent as a torrent, 
Archibald forgot the value before the dawn of dusk. 
He sentenced Achila to a prison of betrayal and dishonor she did not deserve
And she died to love in serving her sentence.


Dear love, 
Many sad endings pummeled my heart into  oblivion
I wondered if I actually desired any communion 
And I forgot that I held a certain pavilion 
That the Lord has given me dominion
And convictions of love awakened in me from Zion
That if God is love, then He alone can teach me how to love you best.
So love me back from God so your mind can rest.
I have obligations to the Father 
So help me so we can go farther
We  might have to try harder
But only both of us will make it better
Let me have your heart with me and I know I will prosper beyond margins
Forsake me and God will help me move on with another.
Only God can teach you to love me with my shortcomings.
I hope you receive my letter with warm regards from my heart to you, my darling.

Letter to My Beloved Letter to My Beloved Reviewed by El Roi on June 02, 2021 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. The infatuations and their respective insinuations... bro this piece is deep, great and its was in our (youth) own interest. Scientific love findings bombarded with religious conclusion. I'M IMPRESSED.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.